What's Cookin'?

Early this morning (I'm talking just after midnight) I was awoken by a pounding from downstairs. Being very groggy, as I'm sure most of you are @ this point in the night, I just assumed it was part of a very realistic dream. Then, I heard it again. Hoping it would stop, I ignored it. But it didn't stop. So, I promptly leaped out of bed...quite annoyed, I must admit. As I passed through the kitchen to head downstairs I shut the oven timer off. (You may wonder why it was on. I'll get to that in a minute.)
I truck down the stairs and look in the boy's room, whispering to my first-born in a yelling sort of way (that may seem contradictory, but that's really how it was), "What are you doing?!?!?"
He whispers, "The timer."
NOW who had the right to be annoyed?
P.S. If you back up to about 10:45 pm, I'll explain why the timer was going off:
I was taking bread out of the oven and thought I'd just go ahead and cook the lasagna I'd put together for Wednesday's dinner. You see, my oven has a fancy feature that allows for unsupervised cooking. It only seemed logical to use the oven while it was already hot. So I set the oven to cook the dish for 1 hour @ 350 and I was off to bed. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I'm pretty sure the timer is not suppose to go off when the cooking is done. The oven is suppose to simply turn off. I figured the food would stay hot until I rolled out of bed a few hours later, but things rarely go as planned.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home