The Knightons

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cutting the Mop

Somewhere along the lines I started a tradition of giving my children their first haircut on their first birthday.

It made sense and worked quite well until #6 came along with a full head of hair (at least compared to the first five).

When he hit about 10 months, I was so tempted to cut it, but I just couldn't break the tradition. It is very silly, but I'm kind of weird that way. As the year mark got closer, I began to get more and more comments about my boy's unruly hair. You see, when a toddlers hair is close to 2 inches long it can be quite difficult to tame...especially after a nap.

I even had someone tell me they could take him along with their dog to get groomed (I think he was only kidding...I hope).

I finally got the scissors out and chopped and chopped....





and chopped (lipstick is
edible right?). It took two sessions, in fact. Not because he had so much hair, but because there are only so many props you can give a 1 year old before he looses ALL patience.


All done...for now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Great job Paige! He is gorgeous!

November 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

What a cute "young man"
It's so crazy how much a hair cut ages boys!

November 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger The Kings said...

oh it is sooooo cute!!

November 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!! He is a darling.
Love Lorraine.
xxx

November 9, 2009 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Lizzie Bingham said...

Love the lipstick. I was a lipstick eater and I think I turned out ok.

November 12, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home