Doug and Cookies
In our pursuit to be good parents we have tried to foster the habit of family scripture study (this amounts to a few versus per day) as counseled by our church leaders. Over the years we have had our share of successful and not so successful scripture sessions.
After months of scriptures being interrupted with "can I get a drink," or "he's looking @ me" or other frequently used phrases (I know you've all heard them) we decided we needed to come up with a "Reverence Reward" of sorts. Some might call it bribery...I call it creative parenting.
So, if the kids can sit quietly and listen every night during scriptures I make cookies for everyone on Sunday night.
To save time, I make a giant batch of dough, roll them into balls and stick them in the freezer. When Sunday evening rolls around I get out the dough balls and let them thaw whilst the oven is preheating to 375 (this is very important). Before I put the cookies in the oven I always have to flatten the balls out a bit, since they are still cold (this also is an important step).
Doug, who must have been sowing his domestic oats decided he would take the lead today and bake up a batch of cookies. This was the result:
..that CAN be salvaged with no complaints from the troops. Just smack them a few times with the spatula and cook for 3 minutes longer.
(Tanner says they would've been good as balls.)

1 Comments:
Very funny. Don't you love scripture study and FHE - such great reverent times! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home