The Knightons

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Seeing Spots

Last Sunday these boys came up with a crazy scheme to get us to keep them home from church. It worked! They finally managed to catch the chicken pox. Yeah! Thank you to whoever gave it to them. Now I just hope the other kids get it. It would be a good time for me. Just about all my bottling is done and I've pretty much given up on the yard work for rest of the year. We'll see.

Tanner was super miserable. He had so many pox we practically painted on the calamine lotion. He doesn't do well with discomfort of any sort. I let him watch a lot, I mean A LOT, of television while he was sick. It was better than hearing him complain every 10 seconds. Oh, did I just say that?!?! What an awful mother am I. I'll be honest. I HATE whining, especially from my 12 year old. A perfect mother wouldn't say that. So, I guess I'll just have to deal with my imperfections. I'm sure glad he doesn't get sick often. I feel bad for his future wife.

Max really wasn't as bad off as this picture portrays...he's just good @ faking. He managed to pull through rather quickly. I guess he paid the price with headaches 2 days before the spots came on.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

oh poor boys! Poor you!! No you aren't a perfect mother - you are a REAL mother. I doubt any mother likes whining and I don't know of any mother that is perfect. A bit (or a lot) of TV now and then won't hurt them.

October 5, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home