Lesson Learned
I use to think fly tape was one of the most disgusting things in the world, but I've had a change of heart in recent years. I came to the conclusion that I'd like to see one (or even two or three) of those hanging up in my kitchen, rather than flies crawling all over my food. Plus, it is great entertainment for the kids.
I try to be a good hostess and put up a fresh strip when I know I'm going to have company. I realize that nobody really wants to be staring at a bunch of fly carcasses while they eat dinner. I know, it's very thoughtful of me. Hey, I'm just that kind of gal...always thinking of the details.
Anyway, I discovered a new use for fly strips...you know those little moths that like to get in your food storage? Well, I saw a few in my storage room. So I, in a moment of overwhelming cleverness, thought perhaps a fly strip would do a stupendous job at catching those dumb little moths. It worked like a charm.
....but I do recommend that you watch out when you're stocking your shelves. Fly tape does a pretty good job of catching human hair....but that's a story for another day.

3 Comments:
Fly tape!? Never heard of it! Guess we don't have it in Australia yet.
My Nan used to use those Paige. I can remember sitting down to the Sunday roast, and counting how many flies were on each one.
I don't know if they still sell them here now.
Love Lorraine.
xxx
Nah never heard of it either - don't you have fly screens that stop them even coming in the house?
Can u believe our boys are going to be 1 soon??
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home