The Knightons

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Don't let this sweet smile fool you...




This boy is TROUBLE! He loves to de-light the tree on a daily basis.

Speaking of lights, this is a ground breaking Christmas in the Knighton home.

I'm a white lights girl through and through. White is classic. It matches with everything. Come to think of it, my mom is a white light gal too. I must get it from her. Anyway, this year we've gone colored. And it's not because I had a great epiphany. It's just because I'm cheap. You see, we found this excellent artificial tree @ a thrift store for $20, lights included. I'm not about to go and buy new lights when this tree already has 2 sets of perfectly good lights, even if they are colored. So we shall have a colored Christmas!

As we sat admiring our colorful tree this afternoon, Garrett asked me when we were going to get "a star on top that lights up." I quickly responded that I thought those were kind of chintzy. When I think of a lit topper the first word that comes to mind is tin foil (I guess that's two words). I may change my mind. I may become really tacky in my old age. Who knows, maybe you'll peek in my living room window and see our tree topped with something like this:
And maybe we'll have tinsel too!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mendon Packs said...

Love it!

December 9, 2009 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger The Kings said...

I'm a white lights girl too, but yours looks pretty even with the coloured lights :) DO NOT lower yourself to tinsel though! :)

December 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Jack and Melanie said...

Just say no to tinsel!!

December 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Country/City Boy said...

Lol, it must be a girl thing, I'd just put anything on mine.

You shall have to explain the word Chintzy to me, made me smile, thinking what you'd use that on :)

December 10, 2009 at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home