The Knightons

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Little Meal Planning

As I look at our menu for tomorrow's meal, I've decided I need to do three things:

1) wear pants with an elastic waist,
2) go for a morning AND an evening walk and
3) skip breakfast AND lunch.


The kids have been very eager to help with our Thanksgiving Day preparations. The family room is clean. The kitchen is clean. The living room is clean. The kids have been especially cooperative today. I love it. I wish every day were the day before Thanksgiving.

Doug cleaned cobwebs in the hallway. I even took the time and cleaned the light fixtures in my hallway (I must confess, I can't remember the last time I did it. Should have taken a before and after, but I'm far too proud for that). I wish I had a maid, but she would have to be mute because I wouldn't want her telling everyone about all those little things that I just never get to, like those darn light fixtures. Quite frankly, I hadn't realized how filthy (that's my mom's word) they were until after they were clean. I thought, "Wow, that looks really fantastic. I should keep it up!" Then life happens. I'm destined to have this conversation with myself over and over.

I've always enjoyed a good deja vous moment.

4 Comments:

Blogger lydia moyer said...

i love this post! we are so much alike!!! i actually sometimes don't mind people coming to visit because it makes me clean things that haven't been cleaned in months...or years!

November 26, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger The Kings said...

ha ha - so funny. When I have a big clean I say the same thing but it never happens. Hope you had a nice thanksgiving.

November 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Nettie's Blog said...

Oh i love the clean up thingo... we have our house on the market to sell right now and even the cupboards have all have a good clean and everything in them has been lined up so straight and stacked neatly and (i know OCB) colour co ordinated....
Cant say i i have tried my lasagne easiest ever recipe with left over turkey ...but i reckon is would be scrumptious...let me know wont you please???
when i was cleaning up some boxes i actually found a long blonde curl from my daughters first hair cut and she is now over thirty with 4 girls of her own..... i used to do all the haircuts as well...thanks for reminding me...

November 28, 2009 at 3:01 AM  
Blogger Mendon Packs said...

Love the post! It is so fun see how you and your family are doing!

November 30, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home