The Knightons

Friday, December 11, 2009

Reminiscing

Yesterday I mustered up the gumption to clean out my sock/underwear drawer. No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to reserve this drawer only for my unmentionables, I end up with tons of odds and ends in the far left corner. Here's what I found today:

some change one of the kids probably placed for safe-keeping,
umbilical clips from 3 of my babies,
a bunch of keys from who knows what (I don't dare chuck them for fear that we'll need them),
a tuft of hair from Gabe's recent cut,
Lisa King's address,
matrioshka doll head,
a picture of Doug from our wedding reception,
a polished rock from my grandpa,
a Book of Mormon (yes, that is duct tape),
mother's cub scout pins,
a necklace from my parents,
an anniversary note from Doug, and
various other bits.


So, what should be a quick 5 minute job ends up being an hour long tour of the past. I'm glad the top drawer is mine. Where else would I put all my memories?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

ha ha - at first I read this and thought you wrote 'umbilical chords' from three of the kids and I though -ewww, gross!!! Then I realised it was just the clips - that is much better :)
Glad you have the important thing in there - yes the BOM AND my address :)

December 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Nettie's Blog said...

I love that sort of cleaning out...good job that it only takes the whole day to do it once...it usually always get to send vibes up to my heart and then the memories flood in and i cant throw it away or find any more special place for it except where it was!!!! Sad thing is that I wonder if my kids will capture the same feelings and relive those memories when they look in there when i am dead and gone so i decided to create a memory box and a CD with me telling them what they meant to me ..so even if they chuck them out they will still be on the CD as a memeory (perhaps they will do the same with that too)

December 13, 2009 at 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home