The Knightons

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Day

This morning was similar to many other mornings around this house. I woke up with my baby in my bed and Doug off to work. I've been lazy this week, not dragging myself out of be until nearly 7:00 every morning.

It's Sunday's fault.

We had Stake Conference, which meant no church duties to attend to...just show up and listen. Since we rarely sleep in, we took the opportunity to lounge around for nearly an hour and a half. Of course we had kids bugging us almost the entire time, but that's okay. I did get up once during that time to use the facilities and make some oatmeal for the kids, but then it was straight back in bed.

So anyway, this morning I started cleaning up odds and ends in the kitchen and living room. It's so nice to have the dinner dishes done when I wake up the next morning. I'm so glad the kids have their dish days. I diverge. So sorry.

As each child awakes I informed them that we're going to the library (it's Thursday, after all) and they needed to eat breakfast and get their morning jobs done. Lucky for me the library tends to be a pretty good motivator, not quite as good as the free movie, but almost.

Doug then came back home to do a little work with Freedom Bolt before he went off to work at Oxbo. This totally throws the kids off, especially Gabe. He, of course, was delighted to see Doug and wanted to play. So I had to find a diversion while Doug got down to work.

After the house was spotless ;) we took our outing to the library. I even got to drive the minivan. I usually drive the Suburban since it gets crummy gas mileage, but once in a while Doug needs to take it to haul large/heavy items.

Since I had possession of the sports car (after driving The Beast anything seems sporty) I thought I ought to take it for a spin out to my favorite fruit stand Adam's Place. So I gave them a call and they confirmed that the peaches and pears are ready. So I piled my troops, minus the firstborn (I guess he's too cool for fruit), into my ride and off we went on our annual trip to get peaches. The kids love the drive out there. They like it when we get to the hilly part. I drive fast. I loose my stomach. The kids laugh. I'm cool for a minute.

The end result: I walk out with about 300 lbs of fruit and lots of work ahead of me.

I tell Mr. Adams that I will probably be back for more. He's a very nice man, one of the reasons I go back every year. He even wears bib overalls.

I'm looking forward to crawling into my bed tonight. I love fresh sheets.

I will dream of peaches.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have missed you Paige!!
I love when you talk about the peaches that you get every year, I can almost smell them.
I am so looking foward to summer.
Love Lorraine.
xxx

August 21, 2010 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger The Kings said...

I missed you too!!! I LOVE your posts.

August 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Simone Triffitt said...

Oh to lounge in bed is such a treat. I always wonder what on earth I did with all my time before kids. How was I ever late for anything. :)

August 24, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home