The Knightons

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Weird!!!!

I love craigslist classifieds. We've sold things through it. We've bought things through it. I like to check it out on a daily basis. Okay, I'll be honest. I check it multiple times a day. I think I just might be borderline addicted. I've learned that you really have to be on top of things to get the good deals. They go SO fast!

I like to peruse the free, household, and materials sections, but my favorite lately is the furniture section. It's interesting to me to see how much people ask for various pieces. I've seen practically brand new stuff for dirt cheap and then items as old as me (think pea-soup green and mustard yellow) for several hundred dollars. It's pretty cheap entertainment. Every once in a while I check out the "wanted" section. People are always requesting all sorts of things on there. Some give sob stories. (I'm never sure whether or not to believe the tales they tell.) Some are looking for the impossible. And some are just plain strange.

Last night this is what I read:

"Me and my wife moved from another state and we lost connection with our friends and are looking to make new friends. I work early in the mornings so im home all day with my stay at home wife. We have a 4 week old baby girl and would love to make friends that have small children for our baby to play with once shes a bit older. We are looking for other parents, couples with or with out kids, stay at home moms ect. We are very lonely and its just the three of us. We are not looking for people who want to go to bars or do stupid things like get high out of your mind. We are laid back and love to do activities like going to the park, feeding the ducks at the pond, going to a movie, out to a Chinese place to eat, just hang out and do stuff. If you are interested please email us back at inescapable_truth@live.com and we will be very happy to hear from you :)" (copied straight from craigslist)


This was complete with photos of the guy and his wife, along with a picture of their baby. This just seemed strange to me. It's seems like craigslist would be the last place a person would want to go to meet people.

So we decided we'd send them an email and invite them to church.

This is the response we received this morning:

"thanks for the invitation but church isnt something that were believe in. take care and i hope you have a nice day" (cut and pasted from the email)

Okay, we tried.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

ha ha - good try Paige! :) I"m sure they would've made a lot of friends at church. Oh well - hopefully they can buy some friends ;)

January 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good missionaries you and Doug are.
It would be interesting to see what replies they got.
Love Lorraine

January 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Country/City Boy said...

This made me crackup, maybe I should try to advertise in the paper too :)

January 30, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

paige, you are a funny, funny girl!
Jill

January 31, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home