The Knightons

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fruits of our Labors

Our hard work in the garden is beginning to pay off. Last night over half of our meal was from the garden. We enjoyed eating our homegrown corn on the cob, peppers and beans. Okay, I'll be honest not all the kids enjoyed having peppers cooked with the polish sausage. But everyone did enjoy the corn. They seem to have enjoyed it a bit more knowing that it came from our very own garden. We are growing magic beans too! We told the kids that they are magical b/c they turn green once their cooked. The older kids don't fall for this kind of thing. They just roll their eyes @ us. Magic or not, I like them because not only do they taste wonderful but they are also much easier to find when I'm picking.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

Oh wow Paige - they look awesome!!! Cant wait till Summer comes so we can start having fresh vegies like that.

August 19, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger The Kings said...

Paige - Im trying to send you an email, but for some reason it keeps saying it failed and comes back to me?

August 19, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Lizzie Bingham said...

I love the purple beans that turn green when they're cooked! Cody and I put up 24 bags of corn on Saturday and it's so satisfying once everything is in the freezer.

August 24, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home