The Knightons

Monday, August 25, 2008

5K Fun Run

My hubby (who hates to run) laced up his hiking boots on Saturday to run 5K for charity. The money raised is to benefit a gal who had a Streptococcal Pneumonia infection @ the end of her pregnancy. The baby is fine, but Carol has had many complications, including amputations and loosing her eyesight. The run was on a trail along the Columbia River. It is beautiful and I wish we lived a little closer to to it. I can't hardly justify driving 10 miles to walk on a trail.

And they're off. Doug is in the white t-shirt.

Get a load of this guy's fashion sense. I just had to give him a hard time about the black socks. He thinks I was just getting a picture of those hot muscles.

He came in 3rd for the men in the 26-35 years old category. We won't mention how many men ran in his age group.

Miranda, Carson, and I walked about 1/3 of the race route along the river.

2 Comments:

Blogger Country/City Boy said...

Goota love those boots for running.

The river looks really nice

August 25, 2008 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger The Kings said...

It looks really pretty there! Whooot whooo Doug!!!! ;D Well done for going in it!

August 25, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home