The Knightons

Monday, June 16, 2008

Get out the paint

Summer heat has finally arrived-again. I hope it is here to stay this time. I took advantage of the nice weather and did a few projects after cleaning out the garage. I call this Productive Avoidance (when I do a low priority project instead of something I should do, the dishes in this case).


This was a roadside find that was pretty beat up. I decided a crackle finish (school glue under the final paint color) would camouflage all of it's bumps and bruises. This is going in the living room. The kids like to play games and draw at it.


This bench was also a freebie. I took to it with a sander and paint, then recovered it with fabric that will hopefully hide the sticky smudges it is bound to get in this house.



Now that I'm done painting tables and such I'm tackling this wicker chair. I'm going to replace the wicker with some sort of webbing. I'm sad to admit it, but I actually paid money for this one-a whole $5.00.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

You crack me up - $5 hey! A big spend up. Sounds like you get some great things!! You would get along with my Mum so well - she loves to find good bargains or freebies!

June 17, 2008 at 2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paige I'm very proud of you. I don't know where I went wrong with Lisa. Love Lisa's Mum xx

June 18, 2008 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger Paige said...

Ha-Ha! Apparently your not a thrifty kind of gal, Lisa? That's okay, I'm sure you have many other redeeming qualities.

June 18, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger The Kings said...

Im thrifty - just not like my Mum who only likes to buy second hand bargains! ;)

June 20, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home