Garden Time!
I love this time of year! We've been out getting the garden planted over the last few weeks and now our efforts are beginning to pay off. We've got 3 boxes like this along with 4 beds of things that climb: pole beans, tomatoes, cantaloupe and cucumbers. Then we have areas for the corn, pumpkins, watermelons, zucchini (we have to have something to pawn off on everyone at church) and various other fruits and herbs. We've turned pretty much every spot of bare dirt in the backyard into a garden area, including the spot that will eventually be home to a cement slab.

And the beloved raspberries. I tried a new pruning technique. I cut all the stocks down in the fall, which means we don't have raspberries in both spring and fall, but we're suppose to get a better overall harvest in the fall.
The kids planted their garden spots as well. They each have a 3ft x 6ft plot to plant and take care of. Luckily, it is raining today so we don't have to worry about watering. It is a good day to be inside because we all have come down with a cold. I'm glad I cleaned house yesterday because I don't feel like doing a thing today.

3 Comments:
Wow Paige! What an awesome vegie garden!! Very impressive. Hope you all feel better soon.
Of course I took pictures of the plants that we started several weeks ago. That's the good looking stuff!
Hi Paige,
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
WOW~ that garden looks brilliant...what hard work you have put into it? Can't wait to see everything you get from it. And the raspberries look lovely and healthy, yummo! Have a great day :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home