The Knightons

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a weekend!

The long awaited Father & Sons campout was this weekend. This was Carson's first campout with the men of the family. If dirt is the measurement of how much fun they had, this gang had lots of it. They came home filthy. Unfortunately (for me and them), they had to come home earlier than expected b/c it got a bit warm. Summer temps decided to role in on Friday.




Miranda and I had a good time without the boys. Our friends Hipolito and Sonia Velez treated us to go see "Prince Caspian." Miranda thought it was pretty cool to still be out and about @ 10pm. Saturday morning (after doing our chores, of course) we did a bit of yard-saling (spell check says this is not a word. I say it is). I got some pretty good deals and Miranda scored a Barbie doll for $1.00. That's my girl. Never pay full price for anything. Okay, we do make a few exceptions to that rule. I picked up a pasta machine for $3. I checked online and it retails for $50, so I felt pretty proud. I've never made homemade pasta before and thought I'd give it a go. If anyone has a tried and true recipe for a basic pasta, send it my way. If it turns out not to be my thing the kids can always use it for playdough!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

Wish it was heating up here! We woke up to our first big frost this morning. It took me a while to work out what yard-saling is! We call it garage saling.

May 22, 2008 at 1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yard sale/garage sale-We call it either one. It's funny to hear that different expressions you use. I'd never heard the term "clucky," but figured out by its context.

May 22, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home