The Knightons

Friday, March 12, 2010

Bring on Spring


Long time, no post.

This is what happens when the on/off switch on the computer takes a vacation...a forever vacation. I guess it is just plain worn out. So now I am borrowing the laptop from Freedom Bolt. I've got an "in" with the boss.

This week consisted of lots of coughing, running noses, and sleepless nights. There's nothing like the "blessing" of sickness to help you really appreciate your health or that of your children. I'm hoping for another warm spell so I can open up all the windows and exchange the stale winter air for the sweet sunshine flavored air of spring. Oh, how I crave to hang a batch of laundry on the clothesline. Nothing compares. Soon enough, soon enough.

A few weeks ago I sat in my living room in a pink rocking chair feeding the babe. "Pink?" you ask, "Paige isn't a big fan of pink." 3 words: hand-me-down. Mom's redecorating. Gabe likes to rock. A pair of pink rockers get adopted. I now rock my youngins in the same rockers I loved to be rocked in...only they were brown back then.

Back to my story.

I was looking out the front window at the pasture across the street. There were 5 horses frolicking about. I think they knew spring was coming. (I feel like frolicking about too...just not in a pasture.) I like having a pasture across the road. I feel like I live in the country...without actually having to live in the country. I like having a grocery store just up the street. I really enjoy the conveniences of living in-town. It's not that I like to go places all the time, I'm actually kind of a home-body, but I get some sort weird comfort from knowing that I can go someplace if I want to. Strange, I know.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Kings said...

Missed you Paige!!! Thought you were way too quiet and I was getting worried.

March 12, 2010 at 11:18 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

It's been a year I would have thought by now you would have covered those pink chairs.

At least you don't have cows frolicking in your yard like I do. Oh life in the country!

March 13, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home